Laser hair removal is a more specific treatment that provides a permanent way to remove hair in distinct body areas. This procedure works by directing beams of light through the pigment in the hairs on the skin. The light transforms into heat itself, destroying the skin follicles.
Laser hair removal is suitable for all body parts where hair grows. In the laser hair removal treatment, the laser transfers an intense beam of light that causes follicular damage. The surrounding tissue remains unaffected while the laser targets the hair follicles, giving radiant skin without any potential side effects. Following are some interesting facts to know about laser hair removal in Ludhiana, shared by the laser treatment expert and ski doctor Dr. Shikha Aggarwal practicing at Bliss Clinic:
- Shave Before Laser Hair Removal Treatment: The area to be treated should be shaved about 24 hours before the procedure starts. A clean shave with a sharp razor is essential so the laser can penetrate deep into the root of the hair.
- Avoid Tweezing or Waxing Between Sessions: Waxing, plucking, and tweezing must be avoided before laser hair removal as they can disturb the hair follicles. The root of the hair must be present in the follicle for the laser to analyze and efficiently destroy the hair.
- Remove All the Make-Up Before the Procedure Starts: Make sure the skin is clean and product free on the day of the treatment. Do not even apply moisturizer or deodorant. This applies for 24 hours after the treatment.
- Go to an Authorized Dermatologist: Candidates fascinated by laser hair removal should know that it is not a simple procedure. It has risks, mainly when performed in salons and spas. The best bet is to go to an expert and experienced dermatologist. At Bliss Clinic, a laser clinic in Ludhiana, the most advanced laser technology is available that helps make the procedure safe and deliver the best outcomes to patients opting for laser treatment.
- Swollen Should Be Normal Afterward: Redness, stinging, or itching in the treated area following laser hair removal is expected post-procedure till 48 hours. This may persist for several days. Over-the-counter hydrocortisone may be used to ease redness and irritation.
- Results Will Fluctuate: Candidates should understand that laser hair removal is a process that should be personalized to the body area and the type of hair. Results fluctuate based on several factors, including the areas being treated and fluctuating hormonal levels. For example, some people report no hair growth after 10 years or more, while others observe hair growth sooner and count on multiple sessions to keep unwanted hair at bay.
- Stay Out of the Sun: The principle behind laser hair removal is to identify the pigment in the hair follicles and target it specifically to get rid of unwanted hair. It is recommended to refrain from excessive sun exposure for at least two weeks both before and after laser hair removal treatments to avoid sunburn and damage to the skin as the skin becomes sensitive after laser treatment.
- Tell Your Dermatologist About Any Medication You Are Taking: As far as medication, it is essential, to be honest with your dermatologist. If you take antibiotics when the treatment is going on, you might end up with burns, which can be challenging. In addition, any photosensitive medications need to be terminated at least one week before the treatment.
- There Are Different Types of Lasers for Different Skin Types: Not every laser is suitable for every skin tone. Light skin requires a short wavelength, accessible on the skin and effective on fair hair. People with dark skin need a long wavelength to avoid the epidermis.
- Use The Recommended Products: Treated areas may appear sunburnt after the treatment. An active skin care product and a cold compress will relieve discomfort. Avoid applying make-up to the site and stay out of the sun. The skin will be hypersensitive to the sun for a few hours after the treatment. Avoid using any topical products that may cause photosensitivity in the treated areas. Use a mild cleanser and lotion on the treated areas.
- Have Realistic Expectations: Seeing phenomenal results takes more than one session. It is very crucial to know that no laser clinic can claim 100% hair removal as some hair will always strive to grow back. Re-growth can also be affected by hormonal imbalances and other biological factors, which can differ from person to person. Different parts of the body have different hair growth rates; hence, it could take longer or shorter depending on which area you are treating.
- Be Consistent: One of the biggest mistakes a candidate makes is not completing the required sessions. The timing of the treatments drastically affects the results due to hair growth patterns. Make sure to attend the appointments regularly at the intervals suggested by your dermatologist for the best results.
If one is interested in laser treatment, they can get it done at Bliss Clinic, which offers the best results to their patients. To know more about Laser Hair Removal Cost in Ludhiana, book a visit now with the best laser experts at Bliss Clinic.